Eutelsat Canaletto application allow people to watch live TV and on demand contents, broadcasted and pushed via satellite, using iPads and iPhones via wifi.
To allow people to use Canaletto services the following are required:
1) reception of Canaletto services using Eutelsat Canaletto satellite Set Top Box (STB)
2) Eutelsat Canaletto application installed on iPads and iPhones
3) wifi access point connected to Eutelsat Canaletto STB
4) as an option a hard drive can be connected to the STB, via USB, to store video contents for On Demand services. Without an external hard drive it is not possible to watch On Demand contents.
Note: the iPads and the iPhones use the wifi access point to communicate with the Canaletto STB (the iPhones, the iPads and the STB must be on the same local network provided by the access point). The access point must works in DHCP mode to provide a local IP address to the Canaletto STB and the iPads and iPhones.
After the wifi network connection is set, the IP address of the SmartBEAM STB is automatically discovered setting SmartBEAM App on Autodetection mode (top-left menu).
Now it is possible to choose between Live TV and On Demand services and play the contents (from top-lef menu).
Using an internet connection and choosing POIs from the top-left menu, the App gives the possibility to the user to know if (and where) the SmartBEAM STBs are installed in public places (e.g. pubs, restaurants, airports, railway stations, hotels, etc).
To allow the SmartBEAM box to share its position:
1) the box must be enabled (MAC address/IP etc.)
2) the STB must be connected on internet (connect the RJ45 cable from the access point to the RJ45 port of the SmartBEAM box).
Note1: the access point must have an internet connection
Note2: the positioning sharing is not done using the application
Clicking on Open Set Up page (visible at the bottom center from the main menu) it is also possible to control the SmartBEAM STB (e.g. knowing satellite signal quality, restart and shutdown the STB, format the hard drive, knowing the status of the main running process, etc.).