The Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area is Australia's most accessible wilderness. Just 90 minutes from Sydney, the region stretches over one million hectares with a mix of rainforest, blue-hazed valleys, sandstone escarpments, canyons and heathlands, with plenty of outdoor adventure activities to keep you entertained.
Also renown for being a part of the Slow Food movement, the region offers many cafes, restaurant and bars, plus antique & vintage shopping, unique arts and crafts and boutique accommodation.
The Blue Mountains Australia app is the best mobile tool for planning a memorable Blue Mountains getaway.
* SCENIC WORLD - explore everything you need to know about planning your visit to this must see attraction - home to the world's steepest train!
* REWARDS Enjoy discounts and offers from leading Blue Mountains attractions and then share with friends on Facebook and Twitter. The more you visit, the more you're rewarded!
* MY TRIP Build, customise and update your ultimate Blue Mountains itinerary, saving all your must-see and must-do it
* NEAR ME Explore the interactive map to display places of interest in your immediate vicinity. Filter and refine your choice or be spontaneous and discover new villages, cafes, boutiques, galleries and more.
* EVENTS Stay up to date and plan your next Blue Mountains visit to coincide with our diverse calendar of local festivals such as the annual Sculpture at Scenic World, plus exhibitions and happenings.
Other popular features include the Grand Circular Drive map, weather, climate and regional facts with opportunities to plan and share your fav