Teaching and learning to read English with synthetic phonics for 3-year-olds to 5-year-olds
Basic Phonics 2 is the continuation of Basic Phonics 1. Its simple and child-friendly interface off
ers young learners an engaging way to master the essential skills of phonics: phonemic awareness, letter-sound relationship, blending and segmenting.
Basic Phonics 2 focuses on the teaching of two additional topics:
1. Phonemes (sounds) and their associated graphemes (letters) not covered in Basic Phonics 1.
2. Phonemes already introduced in Basic Phonics 1, but with different graphemes to represent them.
With the additional material covered in Basic Phonics 2, the essentials of learning phonics is complete.
8 lessons have been designed for this fun-filled app to guide young readers to read in a systematic way. These lessons are:
Lesson 1: sh, ch, th, th, ng
Lesson 2: ai, ee, igh, oa, oo, oo
Lesson 3: ar, or, ur, ow, ow, oi
Lesson 4: ear, air, ure, ure, er
Lesson 5: ay, ou, ie, ea
Lesson 6: oy, ir, ue, aw
Lesson 7: wh, ph, ew, oe, au
Lesson 8: a-e, e-e, i-e, o-e, u-e
At the end of the lesson, children will be able to:
• differentiate the sounds in words (phonemic awareness)
• read out letters by their names and sounds (letter-sound relationship)
• apply phonics skills to read (decode) words
• apply phonics skills to spell (segment) words
• Easy-to-use, child-friendly interface
• Lessons taught in a systematic way, from simple to complex
• 218 fun phonics games
• 7 reading games
• High quality audio
• Does not require Internet access once downloaded
If you have suggestions on how we can improve this application, please send us your feedback. We value your input. It can make a world of difference to the learning experience of other learners using this app.
E-mail us at: email@example.com
2.9.1 For iphone
4.1 For iPhone