*Battleground 538 is a GlassLab Games exclusive. To gain access to this and the growing library of high-impact digital games with proven learning outcomes and real-time reports, check out GlassLab Games!
Battleground 538 is a turn-based strategy game that demonstrates how the electoral college system shapes and drives the way elections are won…and lost.
Players are top political strategists, tasked with deciding where to invest a candidate’s precious resources over the final 12 weeks of the presidential campaign. Each week (in-game), the player receives cash from their campaign committee; as fundraising increases, players can choose to do a variety of activities, from extra staff training to complete coastal domination. How will they win the vote?
• Original prototype developed during the first ever White House Game Jam!
• Addresses critical Common Core standards in Math and ELA
• Promotes civic engagement via interest in the electoral college system
• Promotes 21stcentury skills, including critical thinking and systems thinking
• Appropriate for students in grades 8 and beyond
Interested in the latest and greatest in GlassLab Games news? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus!