Explore Australia’s rich maritime history with the Australian National Maritime Museum’s Visitor App. Use it to plan your visit and uncover the stories behind the museum’s collection: from Indigenous people’s relationship with the sea to the arrival of the First Fleet and European settlement, through to Australia’s modern sporting achievements and the role of the Navy. You can listen to themed tours, or simply use the app to guide yourself through the collection.
The Visitor app is designed to enrich your visit to the Museum. It lets you:
• Listen to audio tours revealing many of the fascinating stories behind the objects in our collection. You can choose tours based on theme or duration.
• Explore extra content about the objects that most interest you.
• Navigate your way around the collection via the map. You don’t need to follow the themed tours – you can create your own by simply using the “nearby” function that tells you about the objects around you.
• Wander around and find the fascinating objects nearby.
• Use the App to access the Museum’s online ticketing – tickets can be delivered directly to your phone, giving you entry to paid sections of the Museum.
• Share and save your favourite Maritime Museum experiences.
• See what’s on – new, temporary exhibitions and special events.
When you're at the Museum, connect to our free Wifi, make sure your Bluetooth is on, and beacons located at objects throughout the museum will let you know where you are, and offer you a list of stories about objects nearby.
About the Australian National Maritime Museum
In the heart of Sydney’s Darling Harbour, the Australian National Maritime Museum is home to one of the largest and most diverse fleets of any museum in the world including the replica of Captain Cook’s famous ship HMB Endeavour. It also boasts a collection of fascinating historical artefacts, from Indigenous artwork to shipwrecked treasure.
For an unforgettable experience, climb on board our vessels and get a glimpse of life at sea. Here you’ll find tall ships, navy vessels, a submarine, beautifully restored historic boats and our immersive experience at Action Stations.
The museum offers an exciting year-round program of temporary exhibitions, events and school holiday fun.
Entry to the Museum’s permanent galleries is free, as is access to the wharves and the Maritime Heritage Centre at Wharf 7.